Please click here for Senior Adults.
Language and literacy issues sometimes only really start to affect us in adulthood.
Some of the stories heard from adult clients and treated at The Speechie Spot include:
- I’m nervous about my promotion because it might show up how bad my writing is
- I always had trouble giving talks at school. It didn’t used to matter at work, but now I have to do training and people have difficulty understanding me
- My stutter’s getting worse again
- I can never seem to find the right words to say what I really mean
- I get railroaded all the time because other people don’t listen to what I say
- I have trouble hearing what people are saying in meetings
- No-one can hear what I’m saying – I think my voice is too soft
- I work in a call centre and my voice keeps going on me
- I am a teacher and I always seem to have a sore voice these days
- I run out of air when I am talking
- My voice is always scratchy
- I start coughing when I have my cup of tea/coffee in the morning
- I had a mini-stroke and now my speech is not so clear
- My ……’s MND / Parkinson’s / Dementia is getting worse and we need to talk to a speech pathologist
Kerry has been trained to deliver the LSVT® LOUD Program. This program is especially tailored for clients who are have been diagnosed with degenerative neurological diseases. Simple, concentrated and effective sessions are offered to assist those who experience altered rates and clarity or speech, altered awareness of their own volume of speech, and reduced respiratory support for speech relating to neurological degeneration.
The Camperdown Program is an evidence based stuttering course recommended for adults and teens over 12 years, and is suitable for the full spectrum of stutter severity. This program aims to reduce the client’s stuttering during everyday speech. Social Anxiety management can also be incorporated into the course.